Friday, September 9, 2011

Thisbe Vos' highly anticipated "Sophistication" set for release next week in the U.S.

"Seven days to go to the album release... I am very excited about my upcoming album “Sophistication” that will be released on September 16," says LA-based jazz singer Thisbe Vos, born in The Netherlands. The disc was manufactured recently and the CDs were shipped to the fulfillment warehouse yesterday.

The CD will include a full-color 16-page booklet with bios and photos of all the musicians who contributed, as well as background information about the project and the lyrics of all songs.

Tracklisting:
1.House of Make Believe (Thisbe Vos) - 4:33
2.The Frim Fram Sauce (Joe Ricardel/Redd Evans) - 2:48
3.After You've Gone (Thisbe Vos) - 4:08
4.They Can't Take That Away From Me (George Gershwin/Ira Gershwin) - 2:58
5.My Favorite Things (Richard Rodgers/Oscar Hammerstein II) - 5:29
6.When I Come To You (Thisbe Vos) - 2:40
7.Baby Won' You Please Come Home (Charles Warfield/Clarence Williams) - 3:08
8.Sophistication (Thisbe Vos) - 2:40
9.A Foggy Day (In London Town) (George Gershwin/Ira Gershwin) - 4:51
10.Pordenone (Thisbe Vos) - 2:03
11.I Am All Right (Thisbe Vos) - 4:46
12.Our Love Is Here To Stay (George Gershwin/Ira Gershwin) - 2:43

http://thisbevos.com/blog/?p=155
This is the link for an interview for those who want the nitty-gritty. The details of how the album came about, the process of making it and plans for the future.Thisbe Vos on Thisbe Vos:

Born close to Amsterdam in The Netherlands, I have been making music from a young age. Having discovered jazz through radio and tv commercials, at seventeen I joined a British swing band and toured with them for several years. I have performed in musicals, clubs, festivals, radio and television shows in over 30 cities in Europe and America.

After some time on the road I also started writing songs. I draw inspiration from my travels — for example, I wrote my first song “Pordenone” on a train from Pordenone, Italy, to Switzerland.

About two years ago I moved to Los Angeles with the goal of recording an album — it is now done and coming out soon! It will contain “jazz standards” and also new songs I wrote in the style of traditional jazz. I hope you enjoy my music and I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments: