The controversial "Tribute to Miles Davis" DVD is being reissued today, May 17, by IMV Blueline, with a new cover and remastered sound.
Featured artists in the 85-minute program: George Benson, Larry Coryell, John McLaughlin, Paco De Lucia, Rickie Lee Jones (guitar); George Duke (keyboards); Stanley Clarke (bass); Dennis Chambers (drums); Triluk Gurtu (percussion); Brian Simpson (keyboards); George Bohanon (trombone); Brandon Fields (sax); Everett Harp (sax) et al.
Filmed for a Spanish TV broadcast on October 16, 1991, by producer Tony Hollingsworth, no man for unfinished business. The experienced promoter organised the Mandela concerts (1988 and 1990, London), The Wall (1990, Berlin), and the concert series called "Guitar Legends" concert series, held in 1991 prior to the Expo 92 in Seville, Spain. Live recordings from the 1991 Expo have been compiled into a fitting tribute to Miles.
1. Opening / Medley (All Star Jam)
2. All Blues (George Benson)
3. In A Silent Way (John McLaughlin)
4. So What (Larry Coryell)
5. Concerto De Anrajuez (Paco de Lucia)
6. Tutu (Stanley Clarke)
7. School Days (Stanley Clarke / Larry Coryell)
8. Bolero (Larry Coryell)
9. El Panuelo (Paco de Lucia)
10. Que Alegria (John McLaughlin)
11. Zyryab (John McLaughlin, Paco de Lucia)
12. Dat Dere (Rickie Lee Jones, Larry Coryell)
13. Valdez In The Country (George Benson)
14. Being With You (George Benson)
15. Eighty One (All Star Jam)
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment