Friday, May 1, 2009

Blu-ray of the Month - "Diana Krall: Live in Rio"

Blu-ray Disc of the Month
Diana Krall: "Live in Rio" (Eagle Vision) 2009

Filmed on November 1st, 2008, at "Vivo Rio", the eagerly awaited new Diana Krall video, "Live in Rio", is also being released on Blu-ray format.

Tracklist:
1 I Love Being Here With You
2 Let's Fall In Love
3 Where Or When
4 Too Marvellous For Words
5 I've Grown Accustomed To His Face
6 Walk On By
7 Frim Fram Sauce
8 Cheek To Cheek
9 You're My Thrill
10 Let's Face The Music And Dance
11 Every Time We Say Goodbye
12 So Nice
13 Quiet Nights
14 Este Seu Olhar
15 Boy From Ipanema
16 I Don't Know Enough About You
17 'S Wonderful
18 Exactly Like You
Diana's rhythm section (John Clayton, Jeff Hamilton, Anthony Wilson) is joined by Rio-born percussionist Paulinho da Costa and a local orchestra assembled by the São Paulo-based Maestro Ruriá Duprat, who conducted the original arrangements written by the German genius Claus Ogerman for the recent "Quiet Nights" CD (Verve), as well as some other scores previously penned by Ogerman and Johnny Mandel for other Krall albums.

3 comments:

aikox2 said...

Where did you get the exact date of 11/1/08? Everywhere else I look, I can only find November 2008; I am curious how you determined the exact date of this recording. Also, do you know if the entire recording is from one performance?

Thanks.

Arnaldo DeSouteiro said...

Hi Scott,
I was there! Diana Krall did 4 concerts in Rio: two only with her quartet, two others with orchestra.
The first night with the orchestra (on October 31st) was a rehearsal for the DVD filming on November 1st. You can read all the details and see the ads and tix on the link below. Tomorrow, I'll attended DK's concert at Carnegie Hall.

http://jazzstation-oblogdearnaldodesouteiros.blogspot.com/2008/11/diana-krall-live-in-rio-filmed.html

Arnaldo DeSouteiro said...

PS: I can't understand why Eagle Vision decided to "hide" the info about the exact filming date. I also regret the fact that the names of the Brazilian musicians from the orchestra were not credited either. The "Quiet Nights" CD lists ALL the musicians on its booklet...