SWING UNIVERSITY: FALL 2007
OPEN YOUR EARS
Famed jazz historian Phil Schaap along with other world-class jazz experts, Dick Katz, Vincent Gardner and Ed Berger share their insight, expertise and tall tales in Jazz at Lincoln Center’s Swing University offerings this Fall.
· Jazz 101 with Phil Schaap: (Tuesdays, Sept 25-Nov 13, 2007; 6:30-8:30 p.m.): An intro to the music for enriched enjoyment with the walking encyclopedia of jazz, Phil Schaap.
· Jazz Piano Panorama with Dick Katz (Tuesdays, Sept 25-Nov 13, 2007; 6:30-8:30 p.m.): History and innovations of the great piano pioneers of our time with two-time GRAMMY® nominee and celebrated pianist, Dick Katz.
· Louis Armstrong with Phil Schaap (Wednesdays, Sept 26-Nov 14, 2007; 6:30-8:30 p.m.): Learn more about the most influential musician of the 20th century.
· Bebop! with Vincent Gardner (Wednesdays, Oct 10-Nov 14, 2007; 6:30-8:30 p.m.): Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra trombonist Vincent Gardner takes a closer look at how Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie paved the way for other masters of this innovative sound.
· Benny Carter with Ed Berger (Mondays, Oct 22-Nov 12, 2007; 6:30-8:30 p.m.): A once in a lifetime chance to celebrate the Benny Carter Centennial by learning more about this American original from premier Carter scholar and former road manager, Ed Berger.
WHERE: Irene Diamond Education Center, Frederick P. Rose Hall, Home of Jazz at Lincoln Center, on Broadway at 60th Street, New York City.
HOW: Courses are from $125-250. To enroll contact subscription services at 212-258-9999.
For more information please visit: http://www.jalc.org/swingu
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment