Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hi and special invite from Lili Haydn

"I hope all is well in your world.
These happen to be life changing times for many of us, and I realize that my great joy is to play and sing and perform, so it is with delight that i invite you to a show i'm doing at the HOTEL CAFE this THURSDAY, FEB 19 at 10pm sharp. I am so excited to be playing with my favorite musicians, and sharing the second half of the night with one of my favorite singers and dear friend Angela McCluskey (Telepop Music, Wild Colonials).

Angela and I have talked about sharing a night for years, and this will be my first time playing at the celebrated Hotel Cafe. I'll be playing new music, a few faves from my last record, and experimenting with new sounds (i've discovered the gypsy in my voice!) and many new inspired melodies. I hope to see you there!

In other news, I'm just back from the Sundance Film Festival, where the film I scored "Over the Hills and Far Away" premiered, and where i performed with Doors drummer John Densmore and my co-composer/guitarist Kim Carroll. http://shared.devseason.com/concepts/doors/lilihaydn2.mov

I also spoke on a couple of great panels (Women in Film, and BMI's composer/director roundtable) with so many brilliantly talented film makers and composers. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sundance/2009/01/women-in-film-i.html

Wednesday, I will perform for the National Civil Rights Museum as Angela Bassett presents the screening of their Academy Award Winning Documentary "The Witness: From The Balcony of Room 306." Also just finished working on a new film with Hans Zimmer, called "The Boat that Rocked", and finally distilling the journey into songs for the next record.

Till soon, much love and many blessings,
Hope to see you on the 19th!
Lili
***********
HOTEL CAFE
1623 1/2 N. Cahuenga Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028
http://www.hotelcafe.com/

No comments: