Tuesday, February 5, 2008

R.I.P.: Dora Bria, Floriano Lino Xavier, Rubens Gerchman

Dora Bria - a beautiful champion, a gorgeous woman, a lovely friend
Dr. Floriano Lino Xavier - a master, one of my dearest friends to whom I am eternally grateful
Rubens Gerchman - a great artist. I had the pleasure to meet him in one of those unforgettable parties at Luiz Bonfa's house in Barra da Tijuca. They were neighbors at the Sorimã Road, where Tunga also lived. At Bonfa's place, I met people like Rubem Braga, Cyll Farney and radio DJ Felix Grant in the 80s. When I produced "The Bonfa Magic" album, in 1991, Luiz and I had the idea to invite Gerchman to do the CD cover painting. He did it, but (executive producer) Peter Klam wasn't satisfied and decided not to use it, opting for a Walter Firmo photo instead.

No comments: