Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kristin Korb's upcoming gigs in May

"I'm nearing the end of another academic year," says LA-based superb Montana-born bassist and singer Kristin Korb. "It has been so much fun working with my students and watching them grow. There are some very talented folks running around these parts. While I enjoy the moments I'm with them, I'm also eager to move on to some music making of my own. I'm inspired to try some new things and explore some possibilities. May is full of adventure and new possibilities. I hope to see you on the journey soon!"

Upcoming Gigs...wahoo!
May 1, Houston, West Houston Jazz Festival
May 2, Seal Beach, Kobe
May 6, Studio City, Vitello's
May 7, Riverside,Riverside City College Festival
May 8, Los Angeles, Cafe Metropole
May 9, Hermosa Beach, Lighthouse Cafe
May 14, Claremont, Hip Kitty
May 16, Corona, At My Place
May 21, Fullerton, Steamers
May 22, Los Angeles, Spring Soiree

"You all know that I've had a few visits to Brazil, Peru, Columbia, and Mexico over the last few years. I always come back excited about learning the language and learning more about the music," she remembers. "Thursday marks the beginning of a larger project for me. With help from Otmaro Ruiz (piano), Aaron Serfaty (drums) and Kim Richmond (sax), I'll be exploring different facets of Brazilian and Afro-Peruvian tunes and grooves. There will also be interfaces with the Great American Songbook. I'm so excited about this new adventure. I hope you'll be able to join us for the fun."

Thursday, May 6, 8:00pm
Upstairs at Vitello's
4349 Tujunga Ave
Studio City CA 91604
Reservations Recommended: 818-769-0905

"If four-on-the-floor is your thing, swing by Cafe Metropole this Saturday. I've got Steve Barnes (drums) and the Bruce Forman (guitar) with me to swing you into good health. The night will bounce, bop, and be a joyous night for all," Korb states.

Saturday, May 8, 8:00-10:00pm
Cafe Metropole

923 E 3rd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Reservations Recommended (213) 613-1537

No comments: