Thursday, August 20, 2009

Alexa, singing salsa tonight in SF; Sunday, jazz in Sacramento

"Dear Arnaldo ~

Apologies for the late notice... tonight I'll be singing some new tunes with Andy y Su Orquesta Callao at Cafe Cocomo in San Francisco. Dance lesson at 8 pm with Salsa by Jake, and Jake later joins the jumpin' too-many-pieces-to-count salsa band, starting at 10 pm!

I was trying to get my videos of my pledge breaks for KCSM-TV uploaded today for your viewing pleasure, but my computer had other plans. Next news!

Also, this Sunday I'll be joining the California poet laureate at my mom's (Pastor Christine's) church in Rancho Cordova at 10 am, where I'll sing and he'll read some inspiring words. Then, at 5 pm I'd love to see you or your Sacramento-area friends at my jazz show at JB's Lounge, recently remodeled in the Red Lion. It's a beautiful room and last time we played we sold out! Here are the particulars:

Sunday, August 23rd, 2009
Capitol Sunday Jazz Series, 5-8 PM - 5:00pm
JB's Lounge (formerly Savanna's) at the Red Lion Hotel

1401 Arden Way
Sacramento, CA 95815
916-723-5517 press 3 for reserva
Price: $8

With Jeff Minnieweather, drumset, Rob Lemas, bass, and Scott Collard, piano. It's been over a year since we played this gorgeous lounge and its enthusiastic audience, MC'd by the vivacious Vivian Lee. Don't miss our return appearance!

Siempre adelante,
Alexa"

No comments: