Thursday, September 3, 2009

Alexa Weber Morales' new gigs

"Why hello there Arnaldo ~

Our August 23 show at JB's Lounge in Sacramento was memorable. It was a musical moment of the type that sustains me through the harder gigs -- you know, those that require protective padding or ear plugs. I do hope to be back in Sacramento soon to work with Scott Collard, Jeff Minnieweather and Rob Lemas again. We performed the world premiere of my extremely timely, true-to-life song, I Wanna Work for You (you can hear it on my YouTube channel). We also nailed O Silencio de Iara, a Guinga tune (and those are never easy).

My friend Doran made some great audio recordings, which I am still sifting through to share with you. We also have one video -- dark, but good sound. Hope you like it!

September 5th I'll be at a much-loved SF waterfront location, The Ramp, singing salsa with Andy y su Orquesta Callao. Last week we played Roccapulco in SF and Montero's in Albany, premiering some new material including Por Ese Hombre (with three lead singers), I Will Survive and Como Si Nada.

Next week, check out my jazz trio with Bob Karty and Vince Mansel on Thursday. I will be flying by private helicopter immediately afterwards to another salsa gig in Clayton, at Sazon. No, not really. I will be driving -- unless you have a helicopter you'd like to share?

Have a great weekend.

--Alexa"
*********
Saturday, September 5th, 2009
Salsa en La Rampa! - 5:00pm - 9:00 pm
The Ramp
855 Terry Francois St
San Francisco, CA 94158-2209
(415) 621-2378

With Andy y su Orquesta Callao -- we have been working up some new tunes you will love! Also please note the Bay Bridge is closed this weekend. Take BART and enjoy dancing outside on the waterfront!
***********
Thursday, September 10th, 2009
French in the Financial District - 7:30pm - 10:30 pm
Cafe Claude
7 Claude Lane (near Kearny & Sutter)
San Francisco, CA 94108
415.392.3505

With Bob Karty, piano, and Vince Mansel, bass. Amazing food, chic location!
***********
Thursday, September 10th, 2009
Salsa en Sazon - 11:30pm
Club Sazon
2765 Clayton Rd
Concord, CA 94519-2725
(925) 686-1950

With Andy y Su Orquesta Callao. This is a double bill with Alexis and the Original

No comments: