Saturday, December 6, 2008

Linda Eder rocks the Holidays

Linda Eder Set To Perform At Wilbur Theatre
Sunday, December 7, Two Shows, 4:00 and 7:00 p.m.


Singer Linda Eder returns to Boston for two performances at the Wilbur Theatre on Sunday, December 7 at 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. The Wilbur Theatre is located at 246 Tremont Street in Boston’s Theatre District. Tickets at $55 [cabaret seating and front mezzanine section] and $50 [mezzanine] and $45 [balcony, theatre-style seating] will go on sale Friday, October 17 at The Wilbur Theatre Box Office, at all Ticketmaster outlets, on line at www.ticketmaster.com and by phone by calling: 617-/508-931-2000. For more information, call: 617-248-9700.
*************
Introducing Linda’s New CD, "The Other Side Of Me"!

“It took a year and a half to make my new CD, The Other Side of Me, but in reality, it has been a lifetime in the making,” writes Linda on her website.

“The Elton John song from The Lion King has been playing in my head lately. It's called “The Circle of Life” and I've come to understand it much better than I used to. I've been blessed with a successful singing career — the kind of career that young singers aspire to — and for that I am grateful. I've also been cursed with a self-critical, constantly-searching-for-something mentality that can be hard to live with. This CD represents so many things, but most importantly, it represents the need to be myself.”

“I have talked often in interviews about my early vocal influences; the women whose voices inspired me to build my own voice. I fell in love with a vocal sound and I followed that sound into the types of music that those voices favored. I learned, I emulated, and I took on the role and it has taken me many wonderful places. I love the classic standards, will never abandon them, and I wouldn't trade one minute of my career, but I feel a need to grow, to move forward, and to do that I have to go back to the beginning,” Linda continues.

“As a kid I was a talented but undisciplined piano student. So in one of our early changes of address, the upright piano was left behind. As a young teenager I bought myself a cheap acoustic guitar so I would have a way to accompany my inner poet. What I wrote in those early years and the voice that I used to sing was the truest expression of who I really am. There were no outside influences to color or shape the vowels or direct the emotions. There was no record of past performances to measure up to, just my own words, my own history, and my own voice.”

“I have finally been given the chance to strip away the costume and sing without the voice of others in my head. I've traveled a long road to find my way back home and I have found it. The Other Side of Me is my voice.”

“My co-producer and friend, Billy Jay Stein, and I created The Other Side of Me together. It is an album of American pop and country flavored songs and arrangements. Each song was chosen because it felt like something I wanted say. It is heavy on acoustic guitar with melodies and rhythms designed to make you feel good as you drive down a stretch of highway or a country road. I hope you will find as I do that the songs grow on you rather than wear you out and make repeated listening easy and desirable. I think you will feel good after listening because the messages are mostly positive and uplifting. My desire was not to sing at you but to sing with you . . . to go to a sunny stretch of road and stay there for awhile. If you are looking for the echo of Judy or Barbara you won't find it in this CD. If you want to hear The Other Side of Me . . . here I am. Hop on the Bus!”

No comments: