Thursday, September 25, 2014

Diana Krall's new CD and tour postponed

Now it's official. After serious rumors in the last days, Diana Krall just cancelled the release of her new CD, the David Foster-produced "Wallflower" (Verve) as well as the fall tour dates due to illness (ongoing complications brought on by a case of pneumonia). “Wallflower” was due for release here in the U.S. on October 21, and the North American leg of her “Wallflower World Tour” was to kick off in Phoenix, AZ on November 7th. “Wallflower” is now set for release on February 3, 2015.

This is the announcement made today by Diana: "I'm deeply saddened that I will have to postpone the release of my new album Wallflower and the Wallflower U.S Fall Tour until next year. I've been battling a severe case of pneumonia and am under doctor's orders to rest for the next few months in order to regain my strength and good health."

Diana’s condition has become much more chronic than first anticipated, and she is unable to travel or engage in any promotional or touring activities for at least another 6 weeks to 2 months.

Mrs. Krall is extremely disappointed to have to announce this today, but also realizes that, upon advice of her doctors, this is the only course of action available to her at this time to ensure a full recovery.

"Performing is both a privilege and a joy for me. When I go out on stage I want to be able to give it everything. Taking this time to rest and recuperate will allow me to do that. It is frustrating to be so close to the record release and have to delay but I am very proud of this record and want to be able to give you all my very best when we finally present this music to you. Thank you so much for your understanding," Krall says.

New dates for the “Wallflower World Tour” will be announced in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

Shantell said...

Thanks for the info Arnaldo! I found you through a review that you did for Thisbe Vos...

I have an album I would love to send you to consider reviewing. Will you please send let me know how to contact you through email?

Arnaldo DeSouteiro said...

Hi Shantell, You can send me to my offices in LA or NY, depending of your location. Please contact me through Facebook. Best, A.