Tuesday, April 29, 2014

News from Quincy Jones' documentary movie about Clark Terry, "Keep On Keepin' On"

Q: "I could not be more excited to announce that The Weinstein Company / RadiusTWC have acquired our documentary "Keep On Keepin' On." Harvey and I have been friends for many years and we have been waiting for the right opportunity to join forces. Harvey has always been a champion of the arts and the fact that he recognized the importance of Clark Terry's contributions to American culture warms my heart.

There's nothing better than the right people coming together at the right time - something I should thank my longtime family Jane Rosenthal, Robert De Niro, and the Tribeca Film Festival team for. To know that a film about my first teacher Clark Terry – the man who put me on his shoulders more than seventy years ago – will get the chance to be seen by a wider audience makes my soul smile."

Announcement via Deadline Hollywood here:
http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/hot-tribeca-deal-radius-twc-acquires-touching-jazz-docu-keep-on-keepin-on/

No comments: