The record reveals itself at that remarkable vanishing point in time where all music; swinging, rocking and taboo, collide with songs of longing, solace and regret. All are made new again in a vaudeville of Diana Krall's own imagining.
It is at once a major departure and a natural progression for the gifted musician. Diana simply calls the album, "a song and dance record".
The first single, "There Ain't No Sweet Man That's Worth The Salt Of My Tears," is available now at iTunes.
"Glad Rag Doll" will be available in the U.S. on October 2nd and elsewhere on October 1st.
Pre-order the album now: U.S. Album Pre-Order
UK Album Pre-Order
Marc Ribot (Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, 6-String Bass and Banjo),
T Bone Burnett (Guitars & Producer),
Howard Coward (Ukulele, Mandola, Tenor Guitar, Harmony Vocals),
Jay Bellerose (Drums),
Dennis Crouch (Bass),
Bryan Sutton (Guitars),
Colin Linden (Guitars, Dobro)
Keefus Green (Keyboards, Mellotron)
"Glad Rag Doll" Tracklist:
1. We Just Couldn't Say Goodbye (Woods)
2. There Ain't No Sweet Man That's Worth the Salt of My Tears (Fisher)
3. Just Like a Butterfly That's Caught in the Rain (Dixon/Woods)
4. You Know I Know Ev'rything's Made for Love (Sherman/Tobias/Johnson)
5. Glad Rag Doll (Ager/Dougherty/Yellen)
6. I'm A Little Mixed Up (James/Johnson)
7. Prairie Lullaby (Hill)
8. Here Lies Love (Rainger/Robin)
9. I Used to Love You But It's All Over Now (von Tilzer/Brown)
10. Let it Rain (Kendis/Dyson)
11. Lonely Avenue (Pomus)
12. Wide River to Cross (Miller/Miller)
13. When the Curtain Comes Down (Hoefle/Lewis/Sherman)