Monday, November 7, 2011

Malene Mortensen @ Sønderborg Jazzklub

This next Saturday, November 12, my favorite Danish singer-composer, the stunning Malene Mortensen will be performing at the Sønderborg Jazzklub, from 3 to 5pm, backed by Carl Mörner Ringström (guitars), Daniel Johansson (drums), Paul Hinz (bass) & Oscar Johansson (piano).
For more details, please check:
www.sønderborgjazzclub.dk
If she goes without singing for five days, she becomes a bit cranky, the very beautiful Danish jazz singer & songwriter Malene Mortensen once told Signe Damkjaer in ScandAsia. Danes know the singer mostly because she won the Danish Eurovision song contest in 2002; among jazz fans she is also known for having worked with such masters as keyboardist Niels Lan Doky (who has recently toured with the CTI All-Stars band), the late virtuoso bassist Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen and drummer Alex Riel, famous for his association with Bill Evans. Her father was a trumpeter, her mother was a drummer, and her boyfriend is the guitarist in her current band. Perhaps she cannot save the world through her music, but if she succeeds that people feel good through her music, that's a good start."When I was a little girl my mother told me how to make the music swing, and I love been into music ever since," Malene says. "My heart belongs to music. That is my main goal in life. I love to play and create music with other musicians. Music is the language of the soul. It’s a beautiful and spiritual thing and it brings so much joy - among performers, among the listeners - and between the band and the audience. For me this interaction is one of the most important things. I often ask myself: Why do I get on stage, what do I want to give? For me that’s a very important question. Every time I go up there, I feel grateful for the opportunity to be standing there and to be able to give and share my songs and my emotions."Uimodståelige Malene Mortensen er en sangerinde med både hjerte og følelse i jazzen. Hendes sødmefyldte og overbevisende stemme og musikalske talent har grebet og betaget ikke blot herhjemme, men verden over. Karrieren har haft kometagtig form for den fascinerende sangerinde, der allerede har 5 udgivelser i eget navn på CV'et. Malene Mortensens sange blander jazz, rock, pop og folk. Hun har selv skrevet al tekst og musik. Besætningen er; Carl Mörner Ringström (guitar), Paul Hinz (bas), Oscar Johansson (klaver) og Daniel Johansson (trommer)

Upcoming gigs:
November 12, 2011 Sønderborg Jazzclub 15:00-17:00
MM Group (Carl Mörner Ringström; guitar, Daniel Johansson; drums, Paul Hinz; bass, Oscar Johansson; piano)

November 20, 2011 Mindekoncert for Jens Winther
DR Bigband, solist Malene Malene Mortensen

November 22, 2011 Det Kongelige Bibliotek 20:00
Diamant Ensemblets koncert: Blue Notes med Jørgen Emborg og Malene Mortensen

December 6, 2011 Huset i Magstræde 20:00
Malene Mortensen

December 7, 2011 Assens Harmoniorkesters Julekoncert 20:00
(www.assensharmoniorkester.dk)
Solist Malene Mortensen, Michael Carøe

December 9, 2011 Awardshow Michael Carøe konferencier (14:00-17:00)
Solist Malene Mortensen, Michael Carøe
Location TBA

December 18, 2011 Hillerød Storcenter 12:00-14:00
Malene Mortensen trio (Carl Mörner Ringström, Paul Hinz)

December 22-23, 2011 Duc Des Lombards, Paris
www.ducdeslombards.com
Malene Mortensen Group (Carl Mörner Ringström; guitar, Daniel Johansson; drums, Paul Hinz; bass, Oscar Johansson; piano)

No comments: