Friday, September 9, 2011

Thisbe Vos' highly anticipated "Sophistication" set for release next week in the U.S.

"Seven days to go to the album release... I am very excited about my upcoming album “Sophistication” that will be released on September 16," says LA-based jazz singer Thisbe Vos, born in The Netherlands. The disc was manufactured recently and the CDs were shipped to the fulfillment warehouse yesterday.

The CD will include a full-color 16-page booklet with bios and photos of all the musicians who contributed, as well as background information about the project and the lyrics of all songs.

1.House of Make Believe (Thisbe Vos) - 4:33
2.The Frim Fram Sauce (Joe Ricardel/Redd Evans) - 2:48
3.After You've Gone (Thisbe Vos) - 4:08
4.They Can't Take That Away From Me (George Gershwin/Ira Gershwin) - 2:58
5.My Favorite Things (Richard Rodgers/Oscar Hammerstein II) - 5:29
6.When I Come To You (Thisbe Vos) - 2:40
7.Baby Won' You Please Come Home (Charles Warfield/Clarence Williams) - 3:08
8.Sophistication (Thisbe Vos) - 2:40
9.A Foggy Day (In London Town) (George Gershwin/Ira Gershwin) - 4:51
10.Pordenone (Thisbe Vos) - 2:03
11.I Am All Right (Thisbe Vos) - 4:46
12.Our Love Is Here To Stay (George Gershwin/Ira Gershwin) - 2:43
This is the link for an interview for those who want the nitty-gritty. The details of how the album came about, the process of making it and plans for the future.Thisbe Vos on Thisbe Vos:

Born close to Amsterdam in The Netherlands, I have been making music from a young age. Having discovered jazz through radio and tv commercials, at seventeen I joined a British swing band and toured with them for several years. I have performed in musicals, clubs, festivals, radio and television shows in over 30 cities in Europe and America.

After some time on the road I also started writing songs. I draw inspiration from my travels — for example, I wrote my first song “Pordenone” on a train from Pordenone, Italy, to Switzerland.

About two years ago I moved to Los Angeles with the goal of recording an album — it is now done and coming out soon! It will contain “jazz standards” and also new songs I wrote in the style of traditional jazz. I hope you enjoy my music and I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments: